Healthy Banana Split Parfaits
A SPIN ON A CLASSIC FAVORITE - The banana split’s days of lounging around are over. This vertical version of the fountain classic is healthy for a reason: Gravity helps the ice cream melt into the fruit and nuts below-so you only need a small scoop per serving. Living healthy, living happy.
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (or other topping of choice)
- 3 medium bananas
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 of a small pineapple, cored and diced (about 1 cup)
- Four 1/4-cup scoops strawberry ice cream
- 4 cherries, pitted
- 4 rocks, float or parfait glasses (optional)
- Put the chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each, until smooth and pourable.
- Cut the bananas into 1/4-inch rounds and toss them with most of the walnuts in a medium bowl. (Reserve some nuts for the top.)
- To assemble the parfaits: Divide the pineapple evenly among 4 rocks, float or parfait glasses. Next, add the coated bananas.
- Top each with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle with the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with the reserved walnuts and top with a cherry.
- Enjoy your healthy dessert!
(Source: Food Network)